Finding deleted photos in Android is sometimes really easy as deleted photos or videos are moved to a temporary recycle bin or trash for a specific time frame. If you delete a video or image synced with Google photos or is already backed up in Google Drive, it’ll remain in the recycle bin for 60 days. And, if you delete an image or video without taking backup, then it’ll stay in the trash for 30 days.
If you’ve accidentally deleted a video or photo on your android, then don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. We’re here to discuss how to recover permanently deleted photos from android with easy-to-use methods. We’ll take a look at every possible method to help you recover your favorite video or picture without bearing a headache anymore.
Part 1. Can I Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from My Android Phone?
People often worry about knowing how to recover photos permanently from the android gallery after accidentally deleting them. Backup is critical to keep your data with you even when you delete it. Yes, it’s possible to recover deleted photos, but there is no official method to do it. However, you can check the trash or recycle bin to confirm whether the deleted ones are still on your device.
Part 2. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos on Android
This section will help you know how to recover permanently deleted photos from android gallery. Six methods are suitable for different scenarios, and you can choose one that fits you. Let’s get started with the solution to your headache of recovering deleted photos or videos.
1. Using iToolab RecoverGo (Android)
iToolab RecoverGo (Android) is among the top third-party premium tools for recovering deleted photos and videos on Android. The tool is beneficial for people who often accidentally delete their photos. And it doesn’t require you to root Android device or create a backup. It’s super easy to use. You can recover permanently deleted photos with this powerful software.
More features about RecoverGo (Android)
- Recover contact, message, document, video, call history, WhatsApp data, etc.
- Save your Android data in any scenarios, such as system crash, water damage, ROM flahsing and more.
- Restore deleted files from internal memory or SD card without backup or root.
Here is how to how to recover permanently deleted photos from Android gallery without backup using iToolab-RecoverGo(Android):
Step 1 Download and Install the RecoverGo (Android) on your PC. After launching the tool, Select “Recover Deleted Data from Device”.
Step 2 Connect your device to your computer using the USB lightning cable. Upon successful connection, follow the steps on interface to enter USB debugging mode.
Step 3 Next, RecoverGo will detect your device and you will see the follow screen. Select the file types you want to recover and click “Scan”.
Step 4 Now, the tool will continue scanning your Android phone for recovering deleted photos and videos on your lost Android phone. The process may take some time to complete, so be patient.
Step 5 After successfully scanning the device, the tool will display all data you lost with your device. You can click on the data one by one to check it and click on the Recover button to save them onto your computer.
By using RecoverGo (Android), you can easily how to recover permanently deleted photos from Android gallery. Most notably, it helps you to recover specific photos instead of all of them, which is a great time saver. The below method may take a time to find and recover photos.
Recover deleted photos, contacts, videos, call logs and over 11+ file types.
- Restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup.
- Get back WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business data.
- Retrieve lost files in different scenarios.
- Highest data recovery success rate.
2. Using Google Drive
If you’ve already taken backup to Google drive, this method will work best for you. Here is how to recover permanently deleted photos from Google drive:
- Open the Google Drive app on your android phone.
- Click on the “My Drive” option to see all uploaded data.
- Select all preferred photos and videos to recover them.
- Now, right-click on all the selected items and click on the Download button.
3. Using Google photos
The most common feature to keep your photos secure is Google Photos; all you need is to sync it properly. The following steps will help you know how to recover permanently deleted photos from google photos:
- Open the Google Photos on your Android phone and tap on the horizontal lines at the left sidebar.
- Click on the Trash button to open it.
- You’ll see all deleted items there.
- Select all select items, including photos and videos, and then tap on the “Restore” option to continue.
4. Using DropBox
Dropbox offers a lot of space to take photos and videos backup to keep them safe. Most android users prefer dropbox to transfer media to another person and store data for a long time. This section will help you know how to recover permanently deleted photos from the Android gallery for free:
- Open Dropbox on your phone.
- Head to Camera Uploads or the folder where you backed up your deleted photos or videos.
- Select the preferred items to restore.
- Click on the Three-Dot option at the top right corner and tap on the Save to Device button to recover deleted photos.
5. Using Microsoft OneDrive
- Open the OneDrive app on your phone.
- Tap on the Photos located at the bottom menu.
- Select photos you want to recover and click on the three dots option located at the top right corner.
- Tap on the Save button to start recovering files.
6. Using Android SD Card
If you have a device with an older version of the Android operating system, then we’ve got a solution for you. You can recover deleted files using Android SD Card. If you’re wondering how to recover permanently deleted photos, then, believe me, it’s quite simple. You need to ensure that all your photos and videos are being backed up to your SD card. When you need those photos, you can insert the SD card and copy-paste them to the default location where they were before.
Also Know: Can You Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Android Gallery without Backup
There is no official way to recover permanently deleted photos, videos, or files if removed from the trash. To recover your deleted data, you’ll always need a backup service like Google Photos, Google Drive, one drive, or any other local backup. The backup can be used anytime to access the deleted files and photos. You can check way 2 to know how to recover permanently deleted photos from android if you’ve already taken backup.
Photos and videos are something that creates a good memory. You’ll feel depressed when they’re deleted and may wonder how to recover permanently deleted photos from android. Fortunately, the trash feature in the latest Android phones keeps deleted files safe for some time. However, if you’re unable to find your data there, you need to look at your backup files. We’ve discussed methods to recover deleted photos with backup in this blog. You can use the iToolab RecoverGo (Android) to recover photos and videos without backup.