“iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes” If you see this message, it means you didn’t enter the correct password, and your iPhone is disabled. This mostly happens when you try to enter the wrong passcode several times, and the device tries to save your data from hackers. However, it’s not a big issue and can be fixed with the help of the 3 ways mentioned below. Let’s see what these methods are and how they work.
Part 1. Why My iPhone is Disabled?
If someone tries to unlock your iPhone or iPad many times, you will see an “iPhone is Disabled” message on the screen. Mostly this happens after six consecutive failed attempts, but the iPhone still allows you to try 4 more times until it disables your device. However, this can be frustrating because you must perform a factory reset or erase all your data to unlock the device.
Part 2. iPhone Disabled? Unlock with Top 3 Ways Here
How to unlock a disabled iPhone? Here are three different ways that you can try to unlock a disabled iPhone. Let’s try these ways one by one.
Way 1. Best Way to Unlock without iTunes, 5 Minutes Resolved!
This is one of the best ways to unlock your disabled iPhone without using iTunes. It is an easy-to-use way and will unlock your device within 5 minutes. So, if you don’t know how to unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes, we recommend using iToolab UnlockGo. Here is how to fix a disabled iPhone.
Step 1. First, download the tool and launch it on your PC. Click the “Unlock Screen Passcode” option on the screen.
Step 2.Now, connect your iPhone to the PC. Once the device is connected, download the Firmware package by clicking the “Download” option. You can also import the package from the PC by choosing the “Select” option.
Step 3. After downloading the firmware package, click the “Unlock Now” option. It will start unlocking the iPhone. After successfully removing the password, you can set the new password and restore the data from the previous backup.
Pros of Using This Way:
- It quickly recognizes your iPhone ;
- You don’t have to wait for a long time to restore the iPhone;
- It unlocks your iOS devices without complicated techniques;
- It has a high success rate;
Way 2. How to Unlock iPhone with iTunes
The second method to unlock a disabled iPhone is with the help of iTunes. This method is simple but has some drawbacks too. Let’s see how this method works.
Step 1. Put your iPhone into Recoery Mode.
Quickly learn how to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode. If you cannot get your iPhone into Recovery Mode with button combination, then use FixGo to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode with one-click, that’s totally free.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone with PC and open iTunes.
Make sure Find My iPhone is turned off before you get started.
- In iTunes, there will be a message promping out saying like “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode”.
- Now, click the “Restore iPhone/iPad” option.
- Within a few minutes, the iPhone will install the latest operating system and restore your iPhone. It will perform a factory reset, so you have to set all the details again.
Cons: 1. Time-consuming 2. Complex for beginners 3. Erase all your Data
Way 3. How to Undisable an iPhone Using Mac Finder
How to bypass the iPhone if it is disabled? If you are using macOS Catalina or later, you can unlock the iPhone using Mac Finder.
- Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable and click the “Finder” option.
- Choose your device from the menu and click the “Restore Backup” option.
- Choose your recent backup and enter the passcode.
- Click Restore and keep the device connected to the PC.
- Sometimes your device can’t detect the backup file .
- Chances of errors are high.
- Data loss is possible.
That’s it! You have finally learned how to unlock a disabled iPhone using iTunes, Mac Finder, and UnlockGo.
Part 3. Lost All Data after Bypassing Disabled iPhone?
In case you have lost your data by bypassing a disabled iPhone, here are two ways that you can use to restore your iPhone. Let’s discuss these methods one by one.
1. Restore Your iPhone from iCloud Backup
- Turn on your device and erase all your content before restoring.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and look for Apps & Data screen. After that, tap the “Restore from the iCloud Backup” option.
- Sign in to iCloud using the Apple ID and choose the backup file.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID, so do it.
- Ensure your Wi-Fi is connected during the process; otherwise, you won’t be able to restore the backup file.
- Depending on the size of the backup, your data will be restored.
2. Restore Your iPhone from iTunes Backup
The second method to restore your iPhone is using iTunes backup. Here are the steps which you can follow.
- Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable. Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Open the iTunes app on your PC and click the “Device” option.
- Click Summary and hit the “Restore Backup” option. Depending on the internet connection and size, your data will be restored.
That’s it! You have restored your backup from iTunes.
These are the possible ways that you can use to restore data from iCloud and iTunes if you have lost your important files. However, both methods are simple and work for all iPhone devices.
What to do when the iPhone is disabled? If you have this question, you can try the three methods mentioned above. All these ways are simple and easy to use. But we recommend using iToolab UnlockGo because it has a high success rate, and you don’t have to lose your important data. While the other two methods are complicated, and there are chances that you might lose your important data.