How to recover the WhatsApp account without the old phone number? Sometimes you don’t have your old phone number, and it becomes difficult to recover your WhatsApp account. However, it is still possible to get your WhatsApp account back without entering the phone number. But for that, you have to try different techniques. In case you are facing issues recovering your WhatsApp account without your old phone number, we have got you covered. In this article, we will guide you on how to recover your WhatsApp without a phone number.
Part 1: Is It Possible to Recover WhatsApp Account without Phone Number
No, it is not possible to recover your WhatsApp account without a phone number or SIM because you have to enter a 6-digit code to activate your account and complete the verification process. Hence, if your old number is not active or your phone is stolen, you must look for other ways to recover your WhatsApp account. Then, how can I recover my old WhatsApp account without a phone number? Below we have mentioned three different ways to recover your old WhatsApp account.
Part 2: How to Get My WhatsApp Account Back?
Here is how you can get your WhatsApp account back in a few minutes.
Situation 1. Recover Old WhatsApp Account without Changing SIM Card
Try these steps to recover your WhatsApp old account without changing the SIM card.
- Open your phone, look for the “Settings” option, and go to installed apps.
- From there, search for WhatsApp.
- Click the WhatsApp icon and hit the “Clear Data” option.
- On the screen, you will see two options; Yes or No. Click the “YES” option.
- Open your WhatsApp again and enter your old phone number.
- You will ask for OTP, so get OTP and activate your WhatsApp account.
- Once you have entered the OTP, click the “NEXT” option.
- You will have your old WhatsApp account in no time.
If you plan to purchase a new phone and want to move your WhatsApp account to a new number, you can check the steps below.
Situation 2. Move WhatsApp Account to a New Number
We propose trying these steps to move your WhatsApp account to a new number. By following this procedure, you can still access your old account. Here is how this method works.
On your Old Mobile Phone:
- Open the WhatsApp application and click “More Options.”
- Click Settings and choose the “Account” option.
- Select the Account option and hit the “Change Number” option.
- Enter your old phone number, which is connected with your old WhatsApp account. You have to type the number in the old WhatsApp field.
- Now, enter your new number in the new phone number field.
- You will get the verification code which will be sent to the new phone number that you have entered.
You can also send the WhatsApp chat history by making a backup. And for that, you have to visit WhatsApp again, click the “Choose More Options” button, open the Settings and click the “Chats option. You can select the Chat Backup option; enable Google Drive backup, and you are good to go.
On your New Mobile Phone:
- Install and download WhatsApp on your new phone.
- Verify your phone number one more time and restore your chat history.
- In this way, you will get WhatsApp on your new mobile phone.
Once you have completed both methods, you can send a notification to your contacts about your new number. In this way, they will save your new number. On the other hand, the WhatsApp change number feature is also available that helps transfer your account information, settings, and much more from the old phone number to a new one. However, keep in mind that WhatsApp linked with your old phone number will be deleted once the number is changed.
Situation 3. How to Move WhatsApp Account from Android to iPhone (iPhone to Android)
If you have bought a new iPhone and want to move your WhatsApp account from Android to iPhone, it’s time to download WatsGo WhatsApp Transfer application. This software helps move WhatsApp data from one device to another within a few seconds. Want to know more about this amazing application? Check out the information below and the steps to move your WhatsApp account from Android to iPhone using the MobileTrans application.
Go to the official website and download the WatsGo software from there. Launch it and connect both your devices using a USB cable.
Sometimes, it will take a few minutes to connect the devices, so have patience and wait until software recognizes the devices.
Next, open the application and you will see the “WhatsApp Transfer” option on the main interface.
Once the application starts detecting the devices. On the interface, you will see Android as the source and iPhone as the destination. You can also select the “Flip” option if something is wrong.
Click the “Transfer” button to start the process, and also, don’t disconnect the devices during the process. Your WhatsApp account will be moved to the new device within a few minutes. You can easily restore the data to your iPhone.
You Get Answers Here!
We have mentioned all the possible solutions of how to recover an old WhatsApp account without a phone number. If you don’t have the phone number with you, don’t worry; you can also add your email address to complete the sign-in process. On the other hand, if you want to move your WhatsApp data from one device to another, it is possible using the WatsGo application, which works like magic.