Deleted messages result in the curiousness of people who cannot see them in time. Unfortunately, iPhone users can’t be able to see the deleted WhatsApp messages. The only way for them is to recover deleted messages from the local backup.
However, Android users have specific options to see the deleted messages. We’ll discuss several official methods to see deleted WhatsApp messages on Android and iPhone. Moreover, we’ll discuss the iToolab RecoverGo (Android) – a premium tool that can help you restore all deleted data on your device. Follow this blog to the end to know how to see deleted messages on Whatsapp.
Part 1. How to See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp on Android
Are you wondering how to see deleted Whatsapp messages on android? This section will surely help you see the Deleted WhatsApp messages on Android. You can use both of them to ensure which works better for you.
1. Using built-in notification history
WhatsApp lacks any feature that allows Android users to see the deleted messages. The Android OS features a built-in notification history that keeps a log of all incoming WhatsApp messages, even if they’re deleted. You need to perform the following steps:
- Open the Settings on your Android and tap on the “Apps & Notification.”
- Tap on the Notification and then Notification History.
- Toggle the radio button representing “Use notification history.”
Now, all your future notifications will appear on the page. You’ll have to perform the steps mentioned above to see deleted WhatsApp messages on Android.
2. Using third-party software
The third-party app can also keep track of your phone notifications. In this regard, Notisave is one of the best apps to save notifications. Perform the following steps to start saving your notifications:
- Download and install the Notisave from the Google Play Store.
- Grant all necessary permissions like access to reading notifications, photos, media, and files to the app. Toggle the Auto-start button.
- Now, the app will record all notifications, including WhatsApp messages.
Note: The app will also be able to record all notifications that you swiped away.
Part 2. How to See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp on iPhone
We’ve already mentioned above that iPhone users can’t see the deleted messages on WhatsApp. However, if you’ve enabled the auto-backup option, then there is an option for them to recover deleted WhatsApp messages. To find out how to see old deleted messages on Whatsapp, use one of the following methods:
1. Using WhatsApp Chat Backup
On Whatsapp, if you’re curious about how to get recently deleted messages? If such is the case, you will benefit from the information in this section: You need to perform the following easy steps to see the deleted messages:
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone and click on Settings.
- Tap on the Chats and then head to Chat Backup.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp. You’ll be asked to restore the chat history from the local backup. This may take some time to complete.
2. Using iCloud Backup
You can use iCloud to learn how to see deleted messages on Whatsapp iPhone using the following easy steps:
- Open the Settings and then tap on General > Reset on your iPhone.
- Select “Erase all material and settings” from the menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions till you find the Apps & Data screen. Tap on the “Restore from iCloud Backup” to continue.
- Select the iCloud Backup and sign in using your registered User ID and password. You’ll be able to see the list of backups and set any of them to restore.
Also Know: How to Recover Deleted Messages on WhatsApp Android without Backup
If you cannot see the deleted WhatsApp messages even by implementing the aforementioned methods, you need to try a reliable third-party tool for this purpose. iToolab RecoverGo (Android) is a helpful tool that can help you recover your deleted files without any problem. The tool can help you recover your lost photos, videos, or other media files. Here is how to see deleted messages on Whatsapp.
Step 1. Install and launch RecoverGo (Android), then select the function “Recover Deleted WhatsApp Data”. Next, connect your device to computer via USB cable.
Step 2. Now, you should enable USB debugging mode on your device by following the on-screen steps.
Step 3. Next, log into your WhatsApp account and follow the steps on interface to backup. Once done, ativate and restore your WhatsApp account.
Step 4. After that, RecoverGo (Android) will scan your WhatsApp data. Once done, you can select the messages you want to restore and click “Recover” button to finish the steps.
People often feel more excited to know about deleted messages on WhatsApp. Suppose you’re one of them, then this blog will surely help you. We’ve discussed several official methods on how see deleted messages on WhatsApp. Furthermore, we’ve also explained the reliable third-party tool that can help you recover the deleted photos, videos, audio, or other media files. If the above ways not working for you, then RecoverGo (Android) is the best choice for you! Hope this article really helps you!