What is DFU mode on iPhone? As Apple’s own repair system, enter DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode helps you fix various iOS problems. When your iPhone jailbreak fails or want to restore iOS version but stuck on loading screen you can easily solve these issues by putting iPhone in DFU mode. It’s a really useful way that worth to know.
But, before learning how to do that, you should know that the way to enter iPhone DFU mode is different on different iPhones. And don’t worry, DFU mode will not erase your data!
Entering DFU mode requires you download the latest iTunes version, so update iTunes and then go to the next step. Also, it takes a while to enter DFU mode. Be patient and do not disconnect your iPhone, otherwise you may break your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone 8 with your computer with USB cable, then launch iTunes.
- After connecting successful, quickly press and release “Volume Up”, then “Volume Down”. Next, hold on “Power” button for 3 seconds until the screen turns black.
- Next, press and hold “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons for 5 seconds.
- Let go of the “Power” button but still holding down “Volume Down” button for 10 seconds until the screen stays black for a while.
Note: If a white Apple logo appears on the screen, it means your device failed to enter DFU mode. If you enter DFU mode, iTunes will alert you that the device is placed in DFU mode.
- Plug your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus into Mac or PC and open iTunes.
- Press and keep holding the “Power” and “Volume Down” button for 10 seconds, then release “Power” button but still hold “Volume Down” for 10 seconds. When the screen remains black, you’ve entered DFU mode.
- After connecting your iPhone 6 to computer, open iTunes.
- Power off iPhone first, press and Hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time for 10 seconds.
- Then, release the “Power” button but hold “Home” button for 5 seconds.
- Now your iPhone screen will turn black, it means you’ve entered DFU mode.