I’ve been trying to connect Airpods to the iPhone, but the device is not detecting them. Does anyone have any clue how to fix this problem?
Airpods are probably one of the most useful inventions of Apple. They help you listen to your favorite tracks anywhere you want without having to deal with tangled cords. Not to mention Airpods offer an immersive audio experience, which means you can disengage from the outside world and live in the moment.
But, since they heavily rely on Bluetooth connectivity, Airpods can often trigger unexpected problems as well. One such issue is AirPods connection failed on iOS 15. There are different factors that might restrict Airpods from establishing a secure connection with your device. In this article, we’ll explore all the solutions to fix this problem and connect your AirPods to the iPhone without any interruption.
Part 1: Why Are My AirPods Not Connecting to iPhone 13/12/11
It’s worth understanding that the “AirPods connection failed” is not a critical iOS error. It usually occurs due to connectivity issues and a few other factors such as:
- You haven’t installed the latest software updates on your iDevice
- The Bluetooth isn’t turned on or your device is already connected to a different Bluetooth speaker/headphones
- The AirPods have run out of juice. If that’s the case, you can put the AirPods in the charging case and let the charge completely
It doesn’t matter why your AirPods are failing to connect to the iPhone, you can try the following solutions to fix the error and listen to your favorite soundtracks.
- Start by enabling Bluetooth on your device. In case Bluetooth is already turned on, open the Control center and tap the bluetooth icon to disable it. Wait for a few seconds and then enable Bluetooth again to check if the device gets connected to your AirPods or not.
- In case AirPods connection still failed on iOS 15, check if they are selected as the default audio device. To do this, open “Settings” and then click on “Bluetooth”. Now, select AirPods from the list and set them as the default audio device.
If the AirPods still don’t connect to your iPhone, you can follow these steps to fix the situation.
Step 1 – Place both the AirPods in the case and bring it closer to the iPhone.
Step 2 – Close the lid for 15 seconds and then open it again. Now, press the setup button and release it when you see the white light flashing on the case.
At this point, your AirPods are ready to be paired and you can connect them without any hassle.
Part 2: Only One AirPod Not Working How to Fix?
Now, there are many situations when users successfully connect the AirPods to the device, but can’t hear anything on one of the pods. If that’s the case, there’s a huge probability that it has either encountered physical damage or needs to be cleaned thoroughly. Like all your electronic gadgets, it’s crucial to keep AirPods clean and dust-free so that you can enjoy uninterrupted entertainment sessions.
So, if one of the AirPods is not working, here are a few cleaning tips to wipe the dust off.
- If you see any hard stains on the AirPods, make sure to use a slightly dampened piece of cloth to wipe it. Keep in mind that the cloth shouldn’t be too wet as it can also damage the hardware.
- While removing the dust from the AirPods, you can use a lint-free soft piece of cloth. Make sure to use the cloth gently as it’ll help you avoid unexpected scratches.
- If you have wiped the AirPods with a dampened cloth, make sure to wait for a few minutes before placing them back in the case.
Part 3: Top Way to Fix AirPods Connection Failed iOS 15/14/13
In some situations, the AirPods connection failed on iOS 15 can also arise due to a system error. This generally happens when you upgrade your iPhone to the latest iOS beta version. Since beta versions are unstable, they can make your device run into unexpected errors and may stop a few functionalities from working properly. So, if none of the previous solutions work, we recommend using iToolab FixGo. It’s a professional iOS Repair tool that can help you troubleshoot a wide variety of iOS-related errors. In fact, fix nearly 200+ iOS problems all by yourself using iToolab FixGo.
Here are some of the key features of iToolab FixGo.
- Troubleshoot 200+ iOS errors
- Enter or Exit Recovery Mode With a Single Click
- Two Repair Modes to troubleshoot both regular and advanced system errors
- Compatible with the latest iOS 15
Now, let’s quickly walk you through the step-by-step process of using iToolab FixGo to make your AirPods connect to the iPhone again.
Step 1 – Install and launch iToolab FixGo on your system. Click “Fix iOS System – Standard Mode” to get started.
Step 2 – Now, connect your iDevice to the system using a USB cable and click “Fix Now”.
Step 3 – At this point, the tool will ask you to download the firmware package. To do this, click “Change” to select the destination folder and click “Download” to initiate the process. Make sure that your device stays connected to an Internet connection during the process.
Step 4 – After the firmware package is successfully downloaded, simply click the “Repair Now” button. The tool will automatically start repairing the device and once the process completes, you’ll be able to connect your AirPods to the iPhone easily.
Related Questions about AirPods Connection Failed
Q1: What do I do if my AirPods won’t flash white?
Simply place both the AirPods inside the case and close the lid. Wait for a few seconds and then re-open the lid. If you still don’t see the light, press and hold the setup button for at least 15 seconds. That’s it; the white light will flash on the case and you’ll be able to connect the AirPods to your device.
Q2: How to Connect AirPods to Mac?
If the AirPod connection failed on a Macbook, here’s how you can establish a successful connection.
- Place both the AirPods inside the case and open the lid.
- Now, press and hold the Setup button on the case. Wait for a few seconds and release the button until the white light starts to flash.
- On your MacBook, click the “Apple Menu” and click “Bluetooth”. Choose AirPods from the list and follow the on-screen instructions to connect them to the Macbook.
AirPods connection failed on iOS 15 is a temporary error that anyone can encounter due to unexpected technical glitches. But, instead of freaking about and going to the Apple Care Center, you can implement a few troubleshooting methods to fix the problem all by yourself. Furthermore, you can always trust FixGo to solve iOS update issues on your iPhone.