This guide shares with you exactly what to do when your iPad is disabled without iTunes. Each of these 3 solutions is highly effective in its own right.
But before we get started, let us begin by discussing why your iPad may be disabled in the first place.
Why is my iPad disabled?
Your iPad will disable itself for one minute when you enter the wrong passcode six times in a row. The 7th wrong passcode entry in a row will lock the device for 5 minutes, the 8th wrong attempt will disable the device for 15 minutes, and the 10th for an hour.
If you enter the wrong passcode one more time, the device will be permanently disabled with the message “iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes” appearing on the screen.
If you have set your device to erase all data after 10 failed attempts to enter the passcode, then you may also lose all the data on the device.
While this can be a great security measure in case you lose the device, it can also be problematic when you enter the wrong passcode. Fortunately, it is not a default setting and you have to manually turn it on in the device settings.
Top 3 Methods to to Unlock Disabled iPad without iTunes
Here are the top three methods for you to unlock disabled ipad.
- 1. Use UnlockGo to disable ipad free download
- 2. Use iCloud to unlock disabled iPad
- 3. Unlock a disabled iPhone with Siri (iOS 8.0 – iOS 11)
The following are the options you have depending on your current situation and whether the device is permanently disabled or not:
- If you haven’t entered the wrong code more than 10 times, then the device is not permanently disabled. In this case, all you have to do is wait for the predetermined period of time and enter the correct passcode to unlock your iPad.
- If on the other hand, you’ve forgotten the passcode, you can use iToolab UnlockGo to unlock your iPad easily. This will erase all the data on the device including the passcode.
- The Siri method works only for iOS 8 – iOS 11.
Way 1. Use UnlockGo to disable ipad free download
One of the best ways to unlock a disabled iPad when iTunes is not an option is iToolab UnlockGo.
This third-party iOS unlocking tool works much the same way as iTunes would unlock your iPad without the passcode, the less than friendly iTunes user interface, and the many iTunes errors you would be susceptible to. It works well with all popular iPad models.
UnlockGo is very easy to use. Just follow these simple steps to unlock the device using UnlockGo;
💌 Step 1: Download and install UnlockGo on to your computer and run the program after a successful installation.
💌 Step 2: Connect the iPad to the computer and then wait for the program to detect the device. Once the device has been detected, click “Start”
💌 Step 3: You will then need to download the latest firmware onto the device before unlocking it. The program already detects the most appropriate firmware package for the device, all you have to do is click “Download” to begin downloading the firmware.
💌 Step 4: When the download is complete, click on “Unlock Now” to begin unlocking your iPad. Keep the device connected until the program notifies you that the process is complete.
Way 2. Use iCloud to unlock disabled iPad
When your iPad is permanently disabled, the only choice you have is to reset the device to factory settings. If you had set up Find my iPad on the device, then the easiest way to do that is via iCloud. This feature allows you to reset an iPad remotely, making it one of the most ideal solutions when iTunes is not an option.
Here’s how to use iCloud to unlock a disabled iPad:
Step 1: Go to iCloud.com on any browser and log in to your iCloud account using the same Apple ID and password you were using on the disabled iPad.
Step 2: Click on the “Find my iPad” section and then select the iPad from the “All Devices” section.
Step 3: Once the device is selected, it will appear on the screen with a number of options below it. Click on “Erase iPad” to remotely erase all data and settings on the device and unlock the iPad.
Please note that the disabled iPad must be connected to the internet for this method to work.
Way 2. Unlock a disabled iPhone with Siri (iOS 8.0 – iOS 11)
Most people don’t know that you can use Siri to unlock a disabled iPad. This method only works with iOS 8.0- 11) so if your device is eligible, you can try to unlock the device using the steps below.
First, open the Message App via Siri.
- Step 1: Press the Home button to activate Siri and then ask her for the time. You can say something like “Hey Siri, what is the current time?”. The goal here is to display the clock. Tap on the clock icon when it appears.
- Step 2: In the World Clock interface, tap on the + icon to add another clock.
- Step 3: You will be prompted to enter a new city. Just type anything and then tap on the “Select All” option when it appears.
- Step 4: You will see a number of options appear below the text. Select “Share” .
- Step 5: This will open another window with the share options that you have. Tap on the “Message” icon .
Then, open the Photo App via Message App.
- Step 6: In the “To” field of the new message that pops up, type anything and then tap “Return” on the keyboard.
- Step 7: Th text you typed in will be highlighted in green. Select the highlighted text and then tap on the + icon.
- Step 8: In the new window that opens, tap on “Create New Contact”
- Step 9: In the add a new contact interface, tap on “Add photo” and then select “Choose Photo”
- Step 10: The Photo Library will open to allow you to select the photo you want to use from any album.
- Step 11: Press the Home button to exit this page (don’t select a photo) and the iPad’s home screen will open.
Please note that this is not a permanent solution and you will have to go through the whole process every time you want to access the device.
Don’t fret if you don’t have iTunes to use anymore with the help of iToolab UnlockGo, this top three ways come here to save us.