Do you have a newly bought AT&T iPhone and thinking how to unlock my ATT phone? But unfortunately, you need to wait until the expiration of the contract period to unlock it officially. But can it be done in some other way without waiting for the contract to be over? The answer is Yes. Not only that, but your phone can also be unlocked by yourself following few simple steps, which will be discussed in this article.
Why Unlock an AT&T Phone?
There are mainly 2 reasons for unlocking your AT&T phone.
Imagine for a moment that you are going to spend a few days abroad. If you have a locked iPhone, you will not be able to use a SIM from that country, and, for example, making cheap local calls or using a data rate would be impossible. On the other hand, if your device is unlocked, you will not have any problem. You can use a SIM from any operator, either contract or prepaid.
Switch between carriers
Switching between carriers brings several advantages to the users. One main thing would be that the user is not happy with the existing connection and wants to move to a different network provider. If the phone is not unlocked, switching between carriers is impossible unless a new phone is purchased from another carrier.
Unlock AT&T Phone in Official Way
Check these first before unlocking
To unlock an AT&T mobile, you need to meet specific requirements to free and fast the process. They are as follows:
- Verify that the operating system or network belongs to the company by looking for the AT&T logo at the top of the screen, on the cover of the device, under the battery or at the time of restart and see the welcome image with this writing
- Devices with a report of theft or loss are not valid for release
- There shouldn’t be any overdue balance remains in the account. All the payments should be paid and completed
Unlock AT&T Phone by AT&T’s Online Unlocking Portal
- Step 1: For this you can use the ATT unlock portal. First, go to AT&T online unlocking portal and select the option “Unlock your device”.
- Step 2: In the next step, select Yes to specify AT&T customers and enter your phone number.
- Step 3: Then complete the rest of the fields by providing the information.
- Step 4: Once you provide the email, AT&T will send you an email with the link to process your unlock request within 24 hours. This email will expire within 24 hours, and once you click the link on another day, your request will expire, and you need to go through the process again.
After 2 to 3 business days, AT&T will let you know whether the request is accepted or not.
Unlock AT&T iPhone Under Contract
iToolab SIMUnlocker is a professional app for Windows and Mac, designed to bypass carrier SIM lock and fix any activation issues you might have with your iPhone. It is a simple process that can be done in a matter of minutes. SIMUnlocker software exploits a flaw using the Checkra1n tool and then unlocks the phone. The iPhone will have to be jailbroken in the process, which will be low risk if we follow all the given instructions. Once done, you will be able to use any network globally and bypass any SIM card lock.
You can download the latest version of iToolab SIMUnlocker from here.
Step 1: Install the SIMUnlocker and connect your iPhone to the PC
Download the software and install it on your computer. Then connect your iPhone using the original cable and make sure your PC detects it.
Step 2: Jailbreak the phone
Once the software detects the iPhone version, it will break your iPhone jail using the Checkra1n tool. You should see a progress bar where the software downloads the package. Once the package is downloaded, the iPhone is Jailbreak; the software will then verify the device’s eligibility.
Step 3: Unlock the AT&T SIM card
If you are eligible, turn off the phone and turn it back on the computer to ensure there is no problem with this. Finally, press the Unlock button to remove the SIM lock.
AT&T Mobility LLC, formerly Cingular Wireless LLC, is a subsidiary of the group Telecommunications US AT&T, considered the operator history of the country. Cingular became the leading mobile operator in the United States following the acquisition of AT&T Wireless by SBC Communications on October 26, 2004, which brought it 24 million customers. Today it has more than 50 million subscribers. Cingular was in the spotlight recently following the company’s exclusive distribution deal with Apple for its iPhone.