This article offers the 3 ways to factory reset an iPhone when you don’t know the password.
Let’s begin with perhaps the most effective way to factory reset an iPhone if you don’t have the device’s password.
Use UnlockGo to Factory Reset iPhone without a Password
Sometimes you just need a solution that is not just effective, but also very fast, allowing you to reset the device in a few minutes and continue using it. If this is your goal, we recommend using iToolab UnlockGo.
- UnlockGo is the ideal solution when you’ve lost or forgotten your iPhone’s password, entered the password too many times or when you can’t gain access to a second-hand device.
- Bypass the various locks on the device including Face ID, Touch ID, 4- or 6-digit passcode.
- Remove the iCloud activation lock on iPhone easily.
- It is very easy to use, anyone can unlock their device in simple steps.
- It is compatible with all iPhone models.
How to Reset iPhone without Password Using UnlockGo
To use UnlockGo to reset an iPhone without the passcode, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Download and install UnlockGo on your computer. Run the program and then connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cables. When the program detects the device, click “Start” to begin.
Step 2: You will need to install the latest firmware on the device. To do that, simply click “Download” and UnlockGo will begin downloading the firmware for the device.
Step 3: When the firmware has been downloaded, click on “Unlock Now” to begin unlocking the device. The process will take a few minutes and it is important to keep the device connected to the computer throughout the whole process.
UnlockGo will notify you when the process is complete. You can then set up a new password for the device.
Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode via Find My iPhone
You can also use the “Find my iPhone” feature to reset the iPhone without the passcode. For this method to work, “Find my iPhone” must be enabled on the iPhone and it must also be connected to a network. Follow these simple steps to do it:
- Step 1: Go to https://www.icloud.com/ and log in to iCloud with your username and password
- Step 2: You may need to verify your identity particularly if you had set up two-factor authentication on your account.
- Step 3: Once you’re in, click on “Find iPhone” and sign in with your iCloud password again when prompted. ‘
- Step 4: Under “All Devices” locate and select the iPhone you want to factory reset.
- Step 5: Select “Erase iPhone” in the menu that appears and iCloud will erase all contents and settings on the device, including the passcode. You will now be able to access the device without needing the passcode and create a new one.
Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode via iTunes
You can also be able to reset the iPhone without the passcode in iTunes if you put the device in recovery mode. Here’s how to do it;
Step 1: Open iTunes on your computer, but don’t connect the device to the computer yet.
Step 2: Put your device in recovery mode. The procedure to do this will depend on the iPhone model. Here’s how to do it;
For iPhone 8 and later: Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the “Slide to Power off” slider appears on the device. Drag the slider to turn off the device completely. Then, hold the power (Side) button while connecting the device to the computer. Let go of the button when you see the recovery-mode screen.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Press and hold the power (Side) button until the slider appears. Drag it to turn off the device, Keep holding the Side button as you connect the device to the computer, Release the button when the recovery mode screen appears.
iPhone 6s and Older: Press and hold the Power and Home buttons at the same time until the power slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off the device. Keep holding the Home button as you connect the device to the computer. Let go of the Home button when you see the recovery-mode screen.
Step 3: You should see a message in iTunes indicating that there is a problem with the device. Click on “Restore” and wait while iTunes restores the device to factory settings.
When the process is complete, you can then set up the device as new and then add a new password.
Now you have known these 3 effective ways to factory reset your iPhone without a password. Although Find My iPhone and iTunes can help you, I highly recommend iToolab UnlockGo, cause it’s easy in simple steps. What’s more, it can compatible with all data on iPhone 12, 11, XS (Max), or any other iPhone model. If you think this article is helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends.