You might think that the only way to unlock a disabled iPhone is to use iTunes. But as we shall see in this article, there are sometimes easier and more effective ways to do it. The solutions outlined here will help you unlock your disabled iPhone even when iTunes is not an option.
Let’s dive right in!
Why your iPhone is disabled
There is usually only one reason your iPhone might be disabled: you or someone else attempted to enter the wrong passcode too many times. Your iPhone can be disabled from about a minute to about an hour depending on the number of times the wrong passcode is used. Here’s a complete breakdown of what to expect when you enter the wrong passcode:
- Entering the wrong passcode 1-5 times may not disable the device at all.
- If the 6th attempt to enter the passcode is also wrong, the device will be disabled for about one minute.
- When you enter the wrong passcode for the 7th time, the device will be disabled for about 5 minutes.
- The wrong passcode entered 8 times will disable the device for 15 minutes.
- If the 9th attempt to enter the passcode is still incorrect, the device will be disabled for 1 hour.
- At the 10th wrong passcode, the iPhone will display the message “iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes.” This indicates that the device has been permanently disabled.
Is there any way to back up the disabled device?
The first thought that comes to mind when you have a disabled iPhone is all the data on it. Most people will quickly try to find a way to back up the data on the device. But the answer to the question is no, you will not be able to back up any of the data on the device as long as it is disabled.
Your only option, in this case, is to reset the device, which often means erasing all the data and settings on the device. Resetting the device will work since it will also remove the passcode, allowing you to set up a new one. As for the data on the device, we can only hope you had a more recent backup in iCloud or iTunes that you can restore when setting up the device.
Use UnlockGo to unlock iPhone without password
To unlock your disabled iPhone without iTunes, we recommend using UnlockGo iPhone unlock tool.
This 3rd-party tool can be used to unlock a disabled, locked, broken screen, or second-hand iPhone without a password in minutes. It can easily bypass the iPhone passcode including a 4-digit/6-digit password, Face ID, and Touch ID.
You can also UnlockGo to remove the iCloud activation lock without the passcode. One of its greatest advantages than iTunes is that it is very easy to use with its simple interface and process.
How to use UnlockGo to unlock a disabled iPhone
To use UnlockGo to reset the disabled iPhone, install the program on to your computer and then follow these simple steps;
Step 1: Run the program on your computer and connect the disabled device to the computer using USB cables. When the program detects the device, click on “Start” to begin the process.
Step 2: To unlock the device, the program will need to install the latest firmware for the device. Simply click “Download” to begin downloading the firmware needed.
Step 3: Once the firmware download is complete, simply click on “Unlock Now” and UnlockGo will go to work, unlocking the device in just a few minutes.
It is important to make sure the device remains connected to the computer until the unlock process is complete. The program will notify you when the process is complete.
Unlock disabled iPhone using iCloud
You can also easily reset a disabled iPhone using iCloud. This method will only work if “Find my iPhone” is enabled on the device and the device is connected to the internet. Here’s how to use iCloud to reset the device:
- Step 1: Go to https://www.icloud.com/ on any browser and sign in using the same Apple ID and password on the disabled iPhone.
- Step 2: Click on “Devices” at the top and then select the disabled iPhone from the list of devices on that account.
- Step 3: Click on “Erase [Device]” and all the data and settings, including the passcode, will be removed. You can then set up the device as new and restore it from an iCloud backup.
Unlock disabled iPhone using Find My iPhone
You can also do this on any other iOS device with the Find my iPhone app installed on it. Here’s how to do it;
- Step 1: Open the Find my iPhone app on another iPhone or iPad and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Step 2: Tap on “Devices” and then select the disabled iPhone from the list of devices
- Step 3: tap “Erase this Device” and then tap “Continue” to confirm. All data and settings will be erased from the device, allowing you to access the device and set up a new passcode.