WhatsApp is a popular messaging application for communicating worldwide. This Facebook-owned app has many amazing features you may not have heard of. Recently, WhatsApp has introduced a new feature that enables users to have two WhatsApp accounts logged in at the same time. Sadly, this feature is currently only available for Android Users. So if you want to learn how to add another WhatsApp account, then continue reading this article.
Can I Add 2 Numbers on WhatsApp?
Wondering if you can add a second number on WhatsApp? Thankfully, WhatsApp has introduced a new feature on Android that allows you to use two different WhatsApp accounts on your device logged at the same time. Helpful for those who want separate accounts for personal and work. With this feature, you now don’t have to carry two phones at the same time. However, to set up a second account on WhatsApp, you must have a second phone number and a SIM card.
How to Add Another WhatsApp Account on Android?
WhatsApp multiple account feature allows users to have two different accounts on a single Android device simultaneously. However, you will need a second phone number to add an account on WhatsApp. Follow the below steps to register a second account on WhatsApp.
- Launch your WhatsApp and Tap on the dot menu.
- Select Settings and then choose the Account option.
- Now select the “Add Account” option.
- Read the Terms and Service, then tap Agree and Continue accepting the terms.
- Choose your country from the drop list and enter the phone number. Now, you will receive your 6-digit registration code via SMS.
- Enter the 6-digit code and press the done button.
- Enter your name and add your profile picture, then tap next. Your second account is now complete. Switch between accounts. Follow the below steps.
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Tap on the dot menu and select the Switch Accounts option.
- Select the Account you want to switch to.
How to Add Another WhatsApp Account on iPhone?
As mentioned above, the Dual account feature is currently available on Android devices. But for iPhone users, there is another way on how to add another account on WhatsApp on iPhone. Let’s discuss this method.
- Go to the App Store and download WhatsApp Business.
- Once installed, launch the program and select your country and type in your mobile number.
- A 6-digit verification code will be sent to your WhatsApp phone number; note that code and enter it on WhatsApp.
- Once the verification is completed, enter your account name, add your profile picture, and press next.
You have successfully created another WhatsApp account on your iPhone. WhatsApp Business is used for business purposes, but you can also use it for personal use.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone?
The easiest and most recommended method to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone is via a third-party program known as iToolab WatsGo – WhatsApp Transfer. It is an easy-to-use program and can transfer your WhatsApp chats in just a few clicks. To use it, you don’t need to know much about technologies; the software will instruct you. This tool is one of the best because it provides amazing features such as cross-platform transferring, the ability to backup and restore data from Google Drive, and more.
It supports a wide range of WhatsApp data types, including Images, Videos, Messages, Documents, and more. Further, it is compatible with the latest Android and iOS software.
- Straightforward and easy-to-use interface
- Compatible with the latest Android and iOS devices
- Allows you to transfer data from Android to iPhone and iPhone to Android
- Preview backup and restore it anytime from Google Drive or iTunes
- Support a wide range of data types such as images, videos, contacts, and more
- One-click transfer between Android and iOS
Follow the instructions below to get started.
Step 1. Open your web browser and Go to iToolab WatsGo’s official site. Download and install it on your PC and launch it. Now select WhatsApp transfer.
Step 2. Connect Android and iOS devices via a USB cable and use the arrows to select the source and target device.
Note: Once done, the program will remind you to back up the target WhatsApp because it will be overwritten. Click on Continue to proceed.
Step 3. Now, select the data you want to transfer on your iPhone. Text messages are selected and transferred by default.
Step 4. The next step is to turn on end-to-end encryption on the Android device. Just follow the steps mentioned in the below image. Once the WhatsApp backup is generated, you must verify the backup with a 64-bit password.
Step 5. Now comes the data transferring stage, where your Android WhatsApp backup will convert to the format applied on your iPhone. Then, it will restore the WhatsApp backup on the target device.
Step 6. In the end, the Success interface will be shown on your screen, which means WhatsApp data is transferred to your iPhone totally.
The dual WhatsApp account feature is only available for Android users, but we soon learned it will also be available for iOS users. But for now, iOS users can download WhatsApp Business and use it as a second WhatsApp account. In this guide, we have mentioned how to add another WhatsApp account in same phone. Hopefully, this guide will help you add another account to your device.
At the end of this guide, we have also introduced a WhatsApp data transferring tool known as iToolab WatsGo. This tool allows you to transfer your WhatsApp data from one device to another. It supports a wide range of data types, such as images, messages, videos, and more. Further, you can use this tool to create a WhatsApp backup on a PC and restore it to any device.