Does your Samsung tablet hang? Does it give you failures, or do you intend to sell to somebody else? If you are a user having such problems or intent, resetting might be the only option to clear out the existing issues and remove settings.
In this guide, we will show you how to reset Samsung tablets in different ways and introduce you to software to reset your device without facing problems.
Method 1. Perform a Factory Reset on Samsung Tablet
It is important to remember that this method will erase all your data. So before using this method, backup your data to a secured place. This method won’t affect data on microSD cards.
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung device and search Factory data reset.
- Tap Factory data reset and read the provided information.
- Tap on the Reset button when you agree with the information.
- If any password is requested, you may provide it as required. Then tap on the Delete all button to complete the process of factory resetting a Samsung tab.
Method 2. Hard Reset Samsung Tablet without Password
If the Samsung tablet is still not working as expected, you can perform a hard reset Samsung tablet to return the settings to the factory default. Plus, this is an option to factory reset Samsung tablet without password.
Here is the way you should reset Samsung tablet via Recovery mode:
- Make sure to turn it off.
- Keep holding the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo appears.
- Move through the list using the Volume Up button and select wipe data/factory reset. Then confirm it with the Power button.
- Select Yes and click the Power button again on the next screen.
- This will start the hard reset, and once it is done, your tablet will reboot automatically.
- Applicable to all Samsung Galaxy Tab, Tab A, Tab S, Tab S2.
- For users with encrypted microSD cards, decrypting needed to be done before resetting. In case decryption is not done, the tablet won’t read the data on the card. To decrypt, you may go to Settings and find the option to Decrypt SD card and then follow the steps on the screen.
Method 3. One-click Reset and Unlock Samsung Tablet without Passowrd
Sometimes, when you got stuck on an issue or fail in the resetting process, you should look for help from a professional tool – iToolab UnlockGo (Android).
When your Samsung device makes a connection with the software, it scans your device and makes a diagnosis. Depending on the causes, UnlockGo (Android) sends commands to your Galaxy tablet to help it reset smoothly. This sounds like it requires some skill, but in fact, you just need to follow the guide and click on the options. This is one of the reasons why the tool has been a big hit. Let’s see how it gives you a new Samsung tablet.
Step 1 Download UnlockGo (Android) on PC
Click on the link below to download and install the tool on Windows PC. Then launch it and select “Remove Screen Lock” on the home page. By the way, if you are locked out of Samsung Tab due to screen locks (PIN, pattern, fingerprint), they will be removed eventually.
Step 2 Start to unlock Samsung Tablet
On the next screen, you will need to connect your device with the PC. If your Tab running Android 12, click on the one-click removal screen lock link below the button.
Note: For other Android OS version, click start button to general process.
Step 3 Get into the resetting process
When it shows the device is connected, then click on Unlock button. Your Samsung Tab should be reset to factory settings without password.
❗ Important Note:
🔹 After a factory reset Samsung tablet, Google Device Protection functionality gets triggered, and only the account owner can unlock the device. So once you reset the Samsung tablet with the Recovery Mode, you need your Google account credentials to unlock the device.
🔹 If you intend to sell your Samsung tablet, clearing all your linked accounts to the device is needed. You need to remove all the data, including the linked Samsung account and the Google account. Otherwise, this will misuse your data for different illegal activities.
🔹 If you intend to quickly reset Samsung devices with different Android OS, choose the one-click factory reset feature to achieve it for free.
Bonus Tip: Bypass FRP after Resetting Samsung Tablet to Factory Settings
Once you purchase a secondhand tablet, sometimes you may find that the previous owner has not removed the linked Google account or done a factory reset Samsung tablet without password. In this case, it is hard to remove the Google account without knowing the credentials. For that, you can use our software to bypass the Google Verification Lock (FRP) and get access to the device.
With the support of bypassing FRP, iToolab UnlockGo (Android) has become one of the most recommended software to resolve many of the issues faced by Android users. UnlockGo for Android provides a step-by-step guide to unlock your device, even a non-technical person finds it easy. Apart from bypassing Google lock, UnlockGo removes all locks, including PIN, pattern, password, fingerprints, and face lock on Android.
Video Tutorial: Bypass Samsung FRP Android 5-13
Why Do You Need to Reset Samsung Tablet?
There are some common situations where you want to reset the Samsung tablet. We have listed a few of the common ones below.
Before selling or giving away
When you intend to sell or give away your Samsung tablet, it is important you clear all your data and settings from the device. It is hard to clear each one separately, so performing a reset would do the trick. It will completely wipe out all your data.
If you have forgotten the password of the Samsung tablet, you won’t be able to unlock the device. You can try to guess the password many times, but if it still fails, you may need to reset the device to remove the password.
Tablet is unresponsive or doesn’t perform as expected
When the Samsung tablet always hangs and crashes while opening apps or operations run slowly and get stuck, you need to reset the device and clear and restore the settings to get the device back to normal.
This article shared the easiest ways to factory reset Samsung tablets with or without password. You must follow the steps that we have elaborated to make sure you are doing the reset correctly since incorrect ways could damage the device software. Also, you can try iToolab UnlockGo (Android) to bypass Google verification lock (FRP) after resetting.
- Factory reset Samsung tablet/phone automatically
- Remove all Samsung screen locks, PIN, password, pattern, fingerprints, face lock
- Bypass Samsung FRP lock after reset on Android 5-13
- Covers over 15 mainstream brands, 2000+ Android models