You may have multiple Google accounts signed in on your mobile phone, or you simply want to delete the Google account from your phone to sell it. You may purchase a second-hand Android phone with Google lock, or you want to remove your Google account from someone else’s phone. No matter what your reason is, you can find a solution in this article.
Part 1. Things You Should Know Before Removing Google Account from Phone
Google Account is a pass to your Android phone. It downloads and installs apps, sets up emails, calendars, backs up Google photos in the cloud, etc. Removing Google Account from your phone sometimes helps you to streamline things but you must know it will erase all information (emails, contacts, settings) and terminates your access to Google Play Services.
Part 2. How to Remove Google Account from Android Phone?
In this part, we’ll show you 2 ways to remove Google account from Android device. The 2 methods can save you from different scenarios. Keep reading to find your solution.
2.1 Remove Google Account via Settings
You can easily remove Google account from any Android devices. Before removing, there is one more thing you should know. If there are multiple Google accounts on your Android device, you can directly remove it without any password. If there is only one Google account on your device, you need to enter your PIN, patter or passcode to remove it.
- Navigate to Settings on your device. Choose Accounts & backup.
- Tap Manage Accounts.
- On this page, you will see Google Accounts that you have been created for your device. Choose the one that you want to delete.
- Confirm by tapping on Remove Account.
1. This method is applicable on Android OS 11, other OS version might be slightly different.
2. If you want to sell your Android phone, you can choose to factory reset your device. However, the successor of your Android phone may need to bypass Google account verification.
Video Tutorial: How to Remove Google Account from Android 10
2.2 Bypass Google Account After Factory Reset
As mentioned, some Android users may factory reset their devices to delete Google accounts. However, the truth is, a factory reset cannot remove or delete Google account from the device. On the contrary, it activates the Google Factory Reset Protection. You should read this section if you purchased such a second-hand Android device and cannot reach the previous owner.
iToolab UnlockGo (Android) is popular for quickly removing Google account verification (FRP) from Android phones and tablets. Its eye-catching user interface, responsive processes, and high ratings for Google account removal increase its reputation among Android users.
Moreover, this tool can effectively remove the Android lock screens (PIN, pattern, password, fingerprint, face lock).
- Bypass Google account verification on Samsung, Xiaomi, Redmi, vivo, OPPO devices without password.
- Based on the advanced technology, it guarantees a 99% success rate.
- The tool is easy to use. You can remove Google account within 3 steps.
- The tool is compatible with Android 5-13.
- It works perfectly on Windows and Mac OS.
In a nutshell, UnlockGo (Android) is an all-in-one solution for your Android unlocking requirement. So, without delay, let’s remove Google account from your Android phone. Here, we’ll take Samsung device as a example.
Step 1 After installation, open iToolab UnlockGo (Android) on your PC. Connect your Samsung device to the computer and choose Bypass Samsung FRP.
Step 2 Choose the latest FRP solution that works on Android OS 5-13. Click the Next button.
Step 3 UnlockGo (Android) will show you how to enable USB debugging when Google locked your phone.
Now, your Samsung phone should be restarted by the software in a few seconds. After that, you are able to get into the phone without any hassle.
Part 3. How to Remove Google Account from iPhone?
The process to remove Google account from iPhone is quite different from Android device. Please check the following steps:
1. Open Settings menu on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to Contacts – Accounts -Gmail.
3. Tap on the Delete Account button.
4. Tap on the Delete from My iPhone.
Your Google account will be removed from your iPhone immediately.
Part 4. How to Remove Google Account from Phone Remotely
Google allows you to delete Google Account from your iPhone and Android remotely to save your device from illegal use. However, this action requires your PC or another device to achieve it.
- Log in to your Google account from another device. Choose the Security option.
- Move down to Your Devices and choose Manage all devices.
- A list of devices will appear showing how many devices are linked to your Google account. Click on the device from which you want to remove the Google account.
- Click on the Sign out button.
- A pop-up will show up. Choose Sign out to continue. That’s all you need to do.
Theoretically, this will only log out your account instead of removing it completely. An alert notification on your Android device will ask you to type your password to regain access.
It’s That Easy!
After reading this guide, you’ll find it’s quite simple to remove Google account from Android or iPhone. If unluckily you purchased a second-hand Android device with Google account verification, try iToolab UnlockGo (Android). It can help you regain access to your device.